Blender is an integrated application that enables the creation of a broad range of 2D and 3D content. Blender provides a broad spectrum of modeling, texturing, lighting, animation and video post-processing functionality in one package. Through it’s open architecture, Blender provides cross-platform interoperability, extensibility, an incredibly small footprint, and a tightly integrated workflow. Blender is one of the most popular Open Source 3D graphics application in the world.
Key Features Include:
- Fully integrated creation suite, offering a broad range of essential tools for the creation of 3D content, including modeling, uv-mapping, texturing, rigging, skinning, animation, particle and other simulation, scripting, rendering, compositing, post-production, and game creation;
- Cross platform, with OpenGL uniform GUI on all platforms, ready to use for all versions of Windows (98, NT, 2000, XP), Linux, OS X, FreeBSD, Irix, Sun and numerous other operating systems;
- High quality 3D architecture enabling fast and efficient creation work-flow;
- More than 200,000 downloads of each release (users) worldwide;
- User community support by forums for questions, answers, and critique at http://BlenderArtists.org and news services at http://BlenderNation.com;
- Small executable size, easy distribution.
The following updates have been undertaken in this latest version of Blender:
- Several Cycles Rendering updates, improvements and new features, support for GeForce 9xx GPUs.
- New fullscreen mode, improved Pie Menus, 3D View can now display the world background.
- Knife-tool now allows freehand smart cuts, and more improvements were made in selection tools, Bevel Modifier and Shapekeys.
- Unwrapping UVs was improved, strength is now enabled for Grab and Snake Hook brushes, better visual feedback mode for painting with masks.
- Sequencer now can show a backdrop, strips can be snapped to others along with other improvements.
- Freestyle NPR Rendering has a new SVG exporter add-on, along with other improvements.
- Grease Pencil had a major update, it is now possible to edit and animate strokes! New draw styles, and imporvements in user interface.
- Collada Importer was updated, improving the compatibility with other software’s bone concepts.
- Add-ons: FBX improved importing/exporting armatures, some Python API changes could need some Add-ons to be updated!
- As usual several other minor updates and improvements, and lot of bugfixing also in this release.
You can download Blender from File Hippo.com, today.
[Image via webneel]